About the Department
The Department of Global and Community Health brings together faculty and students from the disciplines of biostatistics, epidemiology, environmental health and health promotion within public health with three primary missions:
- Provide high-quality undergraduate and graduate educational programs preparing our students to enter the domestic and global public health workforce;
- Conduct state-of-the-art research to help identify important issues related to individual and community health and address important domestic and global public health problems;
- Collaborate with communities to meet health needs and address public health concerns.
Based on our mission, our disciplines, and our values, the following are our primary departmental goals for 2011-2014:
- Maintain and support strong educational programs that prepare students to be critical thinkers and successful public health practitioners.
- Expand the research involvement and productivity of our faculty and students.
- Increase collaborations with agencies engaged in public health through research, educational programs and service.
- Increase research and student placements collaborations in global health.