Our office will do our best to ensure that we conduct a comprehensive internal or external review of your grant proposal. However, if we are notified too late of your intent to submit a proposal, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to provide full support of our pre-award services. The role of the Pre-Award team in the Office of Sponsored Programs is to ensure that your grant proposal meets all the application requirements and is in compliance with the University's rules and regulations, which includes budget preparation.
- Identify funding sources
- Meet individually with faculty member to review services needed for any specific proposal
- Coordinate support services with OSP staff assigned to faculty member on budget preparation, justifications, interpretation of sponsor guidelines, and timelines for proposal completion.
- Facilitate collaborative efforts across CHHS, Mason, universities and agencies
- Arrange internal or external reviews of proposal narratives
- Work with OSP on required routing form approvals in CHHS
- Coordinate the preparation and collection of letter(s) of support
Return to top
- Facilitate an initial meeting with PI to review award and mutual responsibilities
- Prepare and submit payroll forms for project personnel and graduate assistants
- Conduct periodic reviews of budget status with PI
- Support PI in completion of required reports to funding source
- Here's a quick reference guide of the Do's and Don'ts post-award spending at Mason.
Return to top