Undergraduate Academic Advising
Global and Community Health (GCH)
Community Health, BS – All Concentrations
Students planning to change their major to any CHHS undergraduate program should have at least a 2.0 GPA. If your GPA is under a 2.0, your CHHS academic advisor can work with you on strategies to improve it so that you will be eligible to officially declare your new major.
The following students will see an advisor in the CHHS Office of Student Affairs in Robinson Hall, Room B402:
- Students with less than 60 credit hours completed.
- Transfer students who are in their first semester at Mason.
- Any student switching from another major (i.e. pre-nursing, biology, psychology, etc.) to community health, regardless of the number of credit hours they have.
To make an appointment, call 703-993-1901 or send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your full name, G number, major, general availability for the week in which you are requesting an appointment, and a brief description of what you would like to cover in your advising meeting.
The following students will see a faculty advisor in the Department of Global and Community Health:
- Current community health students who
- have completed 60 credits or more, and
- have been at Mason for at least one full semester.
Please use the GCH online appointment system to schedule an appointment with Mr. Gillette or Dr. Poms.
Brian Gillette, MEd
Robinson Hall, B418
Minor in Public Health (PUBH)
Laura Poms, PhD
Robinson Hall, B428