One of the primary functions of the Office of Research is to strengthen the research infrastructure important to faculty and student research. In carrying out this primary function, office personnel interact regularly with individual faculty members, the Provost’s Office, the dean of CHHS, the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP), similar offices in Mason’s other colleges and schools, as well as administrators in CHHS academic units.
General services provided to support faculty research include:
- Arranging internal and external reviews of funding proposals
- Identifying funding sources for faculty and student research projects
- Assisting faculty members and OSP in the preparation of funding proposals
- Providing post-award support to faculty members with externally funded projects
- Disseminating faculty and student research activities on CHHS and university websites