Online Student Success
To be a successful online learner...
- You must become an independent, lifelong learner.
- Take responsibility for your own learning process.
- Stay motivated, organized, and flexible.
- Develop strong reading and communication skills.
- Develop a well-paced learning schedule that also allows you time to enjoy life. Stick to that schedule.
- Embrace "not knowing." Work with your faculty if you have trouble mastering the content.
Read more about the qualities of a successful online student (via Illinois Online Network).
"Online" is not the same as "Easy"
The most common misconception about online learning is that it is easier than face-to-face learning. Online learning requires more discipline and may be more difficult for some students than face-to-face courses. Successful online students take control of managing their time and study schedules to ensure they meet course requirements on schedule. Review your syllabus carefully to allocate time in your personal schedule to fully participate.