Alumni and Friends
CHHS Alumni Chapter Membership
As your new president I am honored to help shepherd our 2014-15 alumni effort for a new era for the College of Health and Human Services.
The Alumni Chapter Board members and I are looking forward to meeting you at Alumni Weekend. Our chapter has planned a special Taste and Learn alumni event on Saturday, September 20, please join us for the opportunity to network with fellow alumni.
There are exciting changes within the college and at George Mason University, including:
- A new building for our college - as the “health college” we will have all of our departments under one roof!
- New leadership - Department of Global and Community Health Chair, Dr. Robert M. Weiler, Director, School of Nursing, Dr. Carol Urban and Department of Social Work Chair, Dr. Michael Wolf-Branigin
- New Provost - Dr. S. David Wu was the former Dean of the Rossin College of Engineering and Applied Sciences; spent 27 years at Lehigh University and developed several multidisciplinary programs.
We have lots of opportunities for you to stay connected with Mason. I encourage you to visit your department website and stay up-to-date with our e-newsletter. Take advantage of the professional networking by attending an alumni chapter event and join the new LinkedIn group.
You can share your professional experience by:
- Participate in “Take a Patriot to Work Day “on November 7
- Volunteer to speak to a class
- Serve on a career panel for spring 2015 Health Career Week
- Mentor a student through Career Link
I invite you to join me in sharing your expertise in support of Mason! For more information about volunteering and alumni chapter events please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hope to see you on campus soon,
Ana Stoehr, BSN ‘98, MSN ’00, PhD ‘14
President, CHHS Alumni Chapter Board