CHHS Healthcare Technologies Innovation Lab
Sponsored by Reston Hospital Center
Location: Robinson B470
Point of Contact: Terri Ann Guingab, Instructional Designer
About the Lab
The Healthcare Technologies Innovation Lab, sponsored by Reston Hospital Center, provides computing resources and support to students, staff and faculty. Twenty nine computers are available for student use, each with Microsoft Office, Internet browsers, SPSS, SAS and other healthcare-specific software installed. The lab also hosts classes and exams.
Hours, Summer 2017
- Mondays through Fridays: 9:30 - 4:30 pm
- Wednesday, June 21: Closed
- Friday, June 30 through Tuesday, July 4: Closed
- The lab follows the Fairfax Campus' schedule of closings or altered hours due to inclement weather.
- Call ahead to ensure the lab resources you need will be available. At times, the lab is partially closed due to an event. While some computers are still available for general use, the event may prevent access to software or printing. Call ahead before you visit to ensure the resources you need will be available when you arrive - 703-993-1912.
Makeup Exam Procedure
- Obtain permission from your instructor to take a makeup exam.
- Your instructor will contact Terri Ann Guingab to discuss the details of the exam (time limit, due date, special instructions, etc.)
- Call or email Terri Ann Guingab to schedule an appointment (703-993-1912, or firstname.lastname@example.org). Provide at least two business days' notice.
- Exams are only given during normal business hours as stated above. Test takers must complete their exam by the posted closing time of the lab.
- If your exam requires special equipment (ex: webcam for Respondus Monitor), please notify Terri Ann when you make your appointment to take the exam.
- Let your instructor know when your appointment is scheduled, so the exam is available before your appointment.
Campus Technical Support
ITU Support Center