- April 14, 2021Ron Nachum, Student at Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology Science and Engineering, Helps Fight Alzheimer’s Disease.
- April 8, 2021Professor of Global and Community Health Amira Roess has been recognized for her excellence in community involvement, teaching, and research during the COVID-19 pandemic and Mason’s safe return to campus.
- April 8, 2021Allison Bustria, Student Affairs Coordinator in the CHHS Office of Student Affairs, has been recognized for her outstanding work especially amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
- April 6, 2021After earning the highest score on the CHES exam, Mason CHHS alumna Irene Parriski leads a team of crisis counselors dedicated to providing wellbeing strategies and self-care resources for local health departments.
- April 5, 2021Grace Buck, a senior studying Health Informatics, has been recognized for her demonstrated leadership and excellence in the areas of health informatics.
- April 2, 2021Join the College of Health and Human Services to Celebrate National Public Health Week April 5-11
- April 2, 2021Policy changes strengthen state’s capacity to fight substance use and improve outcomes including increases in number of behavioral health and substance use providers and patients treated.
- April 1, 2021Tatum McKay, Master of Public Health student at the College of Health and Human Services, has been analyzing de-identified data from the COVID Health Check✓™ to provide insight into testing rates and how to best mitigate the spread of COVID-19 on campus.
- Fox 5 DC (video): Dr. Amira Roess comments on the rise of coronavirus cases among young students returning to school.March 30, 2021Northern Virginia school districts navigating dozens of positive COVID-19 cases.
- March 30, 2021Declining fertility rates could threaten human race, health officials say. (Bloom starts at the 35-second mark)
- Science Daily: Discusses CHHS study led by Dr. Matthew Rossheim finding a clear trend of supersized alcopop consumption among underage drinkers.March 30, 2021Nearly half of poison control calls for supersized alcopops involve underage drinkers.
CHHS in the Media
- Fox 5 DC (video): Dr. Amira Roess comments on the rise of coronavirus cases among young students returning to school.March 30, 2021
- March 30, 2021
- Science Daily: Discusses CHHS study led by Dr. Matthew Rossheim finding a clear trend of supersized alcopop consumption among underage drinkers.March 30, 2021
- March 30, 2021
- March 29, 2021
CHHS In the George
- The Hill: Dr. Alison E. Cuellar writes opinion piece about reimagining post-COVID telehealth in medicine.March 24, 2021
- March 10, 2021
- WAVY-TV10 (local NBC affiliate in Portsmouth, VA): A study in which Mason researchers participated is cited in a story about the impact of the coronavirus pandemic. Dr. Amira Roess is quoted. Also on WFXR-TV (local Fox affiliate in Roanoke, VA).March 3, 2021
- Virginia First Lady Pamela Northam Visits COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic to Thank Front-Line Early Childhood Educators and Clinic OrganizersFebruary 23, 2021
- National Public Radio (Weekend Edition Sunday): Dr. Sapna Batheja discusses nutrition and the coronavirus pandemic. Also in Spokane Public Radio and other public radio news outlets.February 10, 2021