- April 15, 2021Virginia Cronin, Adjunct Faculty member for the School of Nursing and instructor in the CHHS Simulation Center, received the "Teacher of Distinction" commendation from the Stearns Center for Teaching and Learning.
- April 15, 2021George Mason University names Kevin Cevasco as the 2021 College of Health and Human Services Alumni of the Year. Read more about his time at Mason and commitment to health care accessibility throughout his career.
- April 14, 2021Ron Nachum, Student at Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology Science and Engineering, Helps Fight Alzheimer’s Disease.
- April 14, 2021The College of Health and Human Services is proud to announce that P.J. Maddox, PhD, has received the George Mason University Faculty of the Year Award and will be formally recognized at the Celebration of Distinction on Thursday, April 22, hosted by Mason’s Alumni Association.
- April 8, 2021Professor of Global and Community Health Amira Roess has been recognized for her excellence in community involvement, teaching, and research during the COVID-19 pandemic and Mason’s safe return to campus.
- April 8, 2021Allison Bustria, Student Affairs Coordinator in the CHHS Office of Student Affairs, has been recognized for her outstanding work especially amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
- April 6, 2021After earning the highest score on the CHES exam, Mason CHHS alumna Irene Parriski leads a team of crisis counselors dedicated to providing wellbeing strategies and self-care resources for local health departments.
- April 5, 2021Grace Buck, a senior studying Health Informatics, has been recognized for her demonstrated leadership and excellence in the areas of health informatics.
- April 2, 2021Join the College of Health and Human Services to Celebrate National Public Health Week April 5-11
- April 2, 2021Policy changes strengthen state’s capacity to fight substance use and improve outcomes including increases in number of behavioral health and substance use providers and patients treated.
- April 1, 2021Tatum McKay, Master of Public Health student at the College of Health and Human Services, has been analyzing de-identified data from the COVID Health Check✓™ to provide insight into testing rates and how to best mitigate the spread of COVID-19 on campus.
CHHS in the Media
- Fox 5 DC (video): Dr. Amira Roess comments on the rise of coronavirus cases among young students returning to school.March 30, 2021
- March 30, 2021
- Science Daily: Discusses CHHS study led by Dr. Matthew Rossheim finding a clear trend of supersized alcopop consumption among underage drinkers.March 30, 2021
- March 30, 2021
- March 29, 2021
CHHS In the George
- The Hill: Dr. Alison E. Cuellar writes opinion piece about reimagining post-COVID telehealth in medicine.March 24, 2021
- March 10, 2021
- WAVY-TV10 (local NBC affiliate in Portsmouth, VA): A study in which Mason researchers participated is cited in a story about the impact of the coronavirus pandemic. Dr. Amira Roess is quoted. Also on WFXR-TV (local Fox affiliate in Roanoke, VA).March 3, 2021
- Virginia First Lady Pamela Northam Visits COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic to Thank Front-Line Early Childhood Educators and Clinic OrganizersFebruary 23, 2021
- National Public Radio (Weekend Edition Sunday): Dr. Sapna Batheja discusses nutrition and the coronavirus pandemic. Also in Spokane Public Radio and other public radio news outlets.February 10, 2021