George Mason University
George Mason University Mason
George Mason University

Academic Advising

Graduate Academic Advising

Currently enrolled graduate students in the College of Health and Human Services (CHHS) should contact the administrative coordinator to identify their advisor. Faculty advisors are assigned by program, either alphabetically by last name or by program concentration.

Undergraduate Academic Advising

Faculty and professional academic advisors advise currently enrolled undergraduate students in CHHS. Initially, freshmen and transfer students meet advisors at the orientation program to be advised for their first semester of enrollment. Once enrolled, students should initiate a meeting with their advisor at least once a semester. Students are assigned to an academic advisor based on their program of study, number of credits completed, and alphabetically by last name or by program concentration.


The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a federal law established to protect the privacy of student records. The CHHS Office of Student Affairs, faculty, and staff abide by these privacy guidelines. Confidential student information will not be communicated to a third party, including immediate family members, without the expressed consent of the student, except when allowed under FERPA law.

Schools & Programs