George Mason University
George Mason University Mason
George Mason University

Global and Community Health Advisors

Advising Assignments

All students majoring in community health with a clinical science or global health concentration will see an advisor in the Department of Global and Community Health:

Brian Gillette
Peterson Hall, Room 5603

All community health majors in the standard program (without a concentration) will see an advisor in the CHHS Office of Student Affairs.  General questions can be directed to 703-993-1901 or

Maria Perez
Peterson Hall, Suite 1000

All students with a Minor in Public Health (PUBH) or Global Health (GLOH) will see an advisor in the Department of Global and Community Health:   

Laura Poms
Peterson Hall, Room 5607

Scheduling Appointments

To schedule an appointment, all GCH students should use the NavigateMason scheduling system.

  • Click the image above or go to to access NavigateMason.
  • You will be redirected to another page where you will enter your Mason NetID and password.
  • Submit and confirm your password sharing preference before clicking on "Accept."
  • Choose your location:
    • For an appointment with Ms. Perez, choose College of Health and Human Services, Office of Student Affairs.
    • For an appointment with Mr. Gillette or Dr. Poms, choose Global Community Health.
  • If you have trouble using NavigateMason, please contact the Office of Student Affairs at 703-993-1901 or for assistance.
Schools & Programs