Social Work Advisors
All students majoring in Social Work with 0-60 credits complete will see an advisor in the CHHS Office of Student Affairs (OSA). Additionally, all transfer students in their first semester regardless of the number of completed credits and all students changing their major to Social Work will see an advisor in CHHS OSA. General questions can be directed to 703-993-1901 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Students can see an advisor for an appointment:
Peterson Hall, Suite 1000
All Social Work students with at least 60 credits complete who have been at Mason for at least one full semester will see an advisor in the Department of Social Work located in Peterson Hall, Suite 3600:
All Child Welfare Stipend Program recipients
Kathy Cornejo, email@example.com
Advisors are assigned by students’ last names:
A - C
Molly Davis, firstname.lastname@example.org
D - J
JoAnn Lee, jLee120@gmu.edu
Tammy George, email@example.com
Kathy Prudden, firstname.lastname@example.org
S - Z and new majors
Valerie Cuffee, email@example.com
BSW Program Director
To change your advisor, submit a signed Request for Change of Advisor form (pdf) to the Department.
Questions? Please contact Le Anne Wisnieski, Administrative Assistant for Student Affairs, Department of Social Work, at 703-993-4247 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To schedule an advising appointment, all Social Work students should use the GMU SSC Campus system.
- Click the image above or go to https://gmu.campus.eab.com/ to access GMU SSC Campus.
- You will be redirected to another page where you will enter your Mason NetID and password.
- Submit and confirm your password sharing preference before clicking on "Accept."
- Choose your location:
- For an appointment with Ms. Bustria or Ms. Perez, choose College of Health and Human Services Office of Student Affairs.
- For an appointment with a faculty advisor in the Department of Social Work, choose Social Work. If your assigned advisor is not listed in SSC, please email them directly to schedule an advising appointment, and include your full name, G number, general availability for the week in which you are requesting an appointment, and a brief description of what you would like to discuss.
- If you have trouble using SSC Campus, please contact the Office of Student Affairs at 703-993-1901 or email@example.com for assistance.