Undergraduate Academic Advising
Global and Community Health (GCH)
Community Health, BS – All Concentrations
Students planning to change their major to the Community Health program should have at least a 2.0 GPA. If your GPA is under a 2.0, your CHHS academic advisor can work with you on strategies to improve it so that you will be eligible to officially declare your new major.
The following students will see an advisor in the CHHS Office of Student Affairs in Robinson Hall, Room B402:
- Students with less than 60 credit hours completed.
- Transfer students who are in their first semester at Mason.
- Any student switching from the pre-nursing major to community health, regardless of the number of credit hours they have.
To make an appointment, call 703-993-1901 or send an email request to email@example.com and include your full name, G number, major, general availability for the week in which you are requesting an appointment, and a brief description of what you would like to cover in your advising meeting. You are assigned to an advisor based on your last name, as decribed below.
The following students will see a faculty advisor in the Department of Global and Community Health:
- Current community health students who have completed 45 credits or more.
- Any student switching from another major (other than pre-nursing) to community health, regardless of the number of credit hours they have.
These students who will be seeing a faculty advisor in GCH must use the GMU SSC Campus system to schedule an appointment with Mr. Brian Gillette, for major advising, or Dr. Laura Poms, for minor advising and office hours. If you have not formally declared Global and Community Health as your major, contact Brian Gillette directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
Click the image above or go to https://gmu.campus.eab.com/ to access GMU SSC Campus.
Steps for sign on:
- You will be redirected to another page where you will enter your NetID and password.
- Submit and confirm your password sharing preference before clicking on "Accept."
For questions, configuration concerns, and feedback on your user experience, please contact SSCHelp@gmu.edu. For more information about Mason's commitment to accessibility, please visit Accessibility@Mason.
If you are not able to schedule an appointment through the online system, contact an advisor below.
Brian Gillette, MEd
Robinson Hall, B418
Minor in Public Health (PUBH)
Laura Poms, PhD
Robinson Hall, B428