GMU Logo
Health and Human Services - The Center for Study of Chronic Illness and Disability

Undergraduate Academic Advising

Department of Rehabilitation Science

Rehabilitation Science, BS

Students planning to change their major to any CHHS undergraduate program should have at least a 2.0 GPA. If your GPA is under a 2.0, your CHHS academic advisor can work with you on strategies to improve it so that you will be eligible to officially declare your new major. 

The following students will see an advisor in the CHHS Office of Student Affairs in Robinson Hall, Room B402: 

  • Students with less than 60 credit hours completed 
  • Transfer students who are in their first semester at Mason 
  • Any student switching from another major (e.g., pre-nursing, biology, psychology, etc.) to rehabilitation science, regardless of the number of credit hours they have 

To make an appointment, call 703-993-1901 or send an email request to and include your full name, G number, major, general availability for the week in which you are requesting an appointment, and a brief description of what you would like to cover in your advising meeting.

Valerie Bartush

Maria Perez-Brodeur

The following students will see a faculty advisor in the Department of Rehabilitation Science: 

  • Current rehabilitation science students who have completed 60 credits or more, and have been at Mason for at least one full semester.
Jeffrey E. Herrick, PhD
Undergraduate Education Director in Rehabilitation Science
Robinson Hall A451D

Undergraduate Minor in Rehabilitation Science

Joshua R. Bowen, MS
Department Coordinator
Robinson Hall B477C

Site Navigation