Undergraduate Academic Advising
Social Work

The following social work students will see an advisor in the CHHS Office of Student Affairs in Robinson Hall, Room B402:

  • Students with less than 60 credit hours completed.
  • Transfer students who are in their first semester at Mason.

You are assigned to an advisor based on your last name:

Valerie Bartush

Maria Perez-Brodeur

To schedule an appointment with Ms. Bartush or Ms. Perez-Brodeur, students should use the GMU SSC Campus system.

GMU SSC Campus

Click the image above or go to https://gmu.campus.eab.com/ to access GMU SSC Campus.

Steps for sign on:

  • You will be redirected to another page where you will enter your Mason NetID and password.
  • Submit and confirm your password sharing preference before clicking on "Accept."
  • When prompted to select a location, choose "College of Health and Human Services Office of Student Affairs." 

If you are not able to schedule an appointment through the online system, contact the front desk at 703-993-1901 or via email at chhs@gmu.edu.  If sending an appointment request via email, please include your full name, G# major, your general availability for the week in which you are requesting an appointment, and a short description of what you would like to discuss with the advisor.

The following students will see an advisor in the Department of Social Work:

  • Current social work students who have completed 60 credits or more and have been at Mason for at least one semester.

The Department of Social Work is located in the city of Fairfax at 10340 Democracy Lane, Suite 300, just north of Mason's Fairfax Campus. Social work faculty advisors can make arrangements to meet undergraduates for advising appointments on the Fairfax Campus by appointment. Students should make an advising appointment with their academic advisor at least once a semester to ensure that they are progressing successfully toward graduation.

Please email your advisor to schedule an advising appointment, and include your full name, G number, general availability for the week in which you are requesting an appointment, and a brief description of what you would like to discuss.

To change your advisor, submit a signed Request for Change of Advisor (pdf) form to the Department.

Social Work, BSW (BSW-SOCW)

To change your major to Social Work, contact:
Dr. Emily Ihara

A - Ca
Dr. Molly Davis

Ce – G
Dr. JoAnn Lee

H – L
Prof. Kathy Prudden

M – O
Dr. Cathy Tompkins
Note: During fall 2017 Dr. Tompkins is on leave; advisees can contact Dr. JoAnn Lee in her absence.

P – R
TBD - Contact Dr. Emily Ihara

S – Z and new majors
Dr. Emily Ihara

Aging Studies, Minor

A – Z
Dr. Cathy Tompkins

Social Work, Minor

A – Z
Dr. Emily Ihara

Questions? Please contact Le Anne Wisnieski, Administrative Assistant for Student Affairs, Department of Social Work, at 703-993-4247 or lwisnies@gmu.edu.