We use our social media accounts to send out announcements on events, opportunities (scholarships, jobs, research), and contests! Follow us today so you don't miss out!
As the old saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words—and that’s why we’re looking for your CHHS story told in photos. Winning photo submissions will be posted throughout Peterson Hall to tell the CHHS story to all who enjoy our space.
Win Cool Prizes!
- Submit Now: The first 25 students to submit a photo will receive a FREE CHHS T-SHIRT
- Top in Department/School: Winning entries from each CHHS department/school will be guests of the Dean for lunch!
- Grand Prize: The Fan Favorite Photo –students will vote on photos that advance to the finalist round—and the winner will receive their choice of FREE GARAGE PARKING UPGRADE for a semester or VIP PARKING BY PETERSON HALL for a month!
To submit photos for consideration:
- High quality photo (file size typically 500 KB – 10MB)
- Educational photo in your learning environment including practicums, inside or outside the building
- Any people featured in photographs that advance to the finalist round must provide written permission to be included in the contest.*
- Submit your photos to: email@example.com by March 22, 2019
* Once photo finalists have been identified, we will be back in touch to gather written permissions for those photos that include people’s faces.
Students will vote on their FAN FAVORITE PHOTO via social media in March. Stay tuned!
Due to snow on the original date, the CHHS Scholarships Info Session will take place on the new date of Wednesday, March 6, from 12:00 noon- 2:30 PM in Peterson Hall 2000. Scholarship awards range from $100 to $9,000 per student and are available across all CHHS disciplines. Students are invited to drop in for any portion of the info session to learn about upcoming scholarships available for 2019-20 school year, with the following agenda. We hope to see you there!
- 12-12:30 PM - Overview of Application process
- 12:30-1 PM - Overview of Financial Aid
- 1-1:15 PM – Breakout for Individual Q&A on Scholarships and Financial Aid
- 1:15-2:30 – Deep Dive into Writing Personal Essays*
*During this portion, bring any drafted scholarship essays you have if you wish to receive feedback from the University Writing Center in a 1-on-1 setting.
We are currently looking for students to participate in a focus group around the topics of gerontology and overall working with an aging society and aging adults. For participating in this study you will receive a $25 gift card and free food.
All undergraduate and graduate students are welcome and there are two dates you can choose from : 2/28 at 4:30 p.m. and 3/05 at 4:30 p.m. The focus groups should take around an hour to complete.
Please email Dr. Cathy Tompkins at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to sign up. If you are interested, we will be back in touch with you with the location.
The IRBNet number for this project is: 1343228-1.
Spirit Week is Feb. 18-23, and it’s your chance to show your Mason colors all week long. On Mon. Feb. 18, stop by the tables in Peterson Hall Lobby from 9AM-5PM to snap a photo with green and gold props, post a photo using our CHHS Facebook Frame, and pick up some CHHS giveaways and popcorn on us! We hope you will join us in celebrating anytime during the week by stopping by the Office of Student Affairs to fill out a Mason M to share your definition of Mason Spirit, which will be posted on the glass walls of the Office of Student Affairs.
Feb. 20, 2019 - Undergraduate Research Scholars Program (URSP) Applications for Summer 2019 projects due
Mar. 7, 2019 - Presentation Poster Workshop
April 2, 2019 - Presentation Poster Workshop
Visit advising.gmu.edu by March 1 to vote!
The committee will consider the following criteria in the selection of the Advisor of the Year:
- Caring, helpful attitude toward students
- Provides accurate information regarding university academic requirements
- Availability to students, faculty, and staff
- Makes appropriate referrals
- Knowledge of George Mason University regulations, policies, and procedures
- Supports student development through advising
The CHHS Celebration of Scholarship is an annual event to showcase student research conducted with CHHS faculty. Please submit an abstract for either a poster presentation or 10-minute oral presentation. Students at all levels (undergraduate and graduate) are welcome to participate.
Abstract due dates:
- 1st due date: March 22, 2019 (if students want an opportunity to receive feedback and resubmit)
- 2nd due date: March 31, 2019 (no resubmit opportunity)
- How to Apply: Instructions for abstract submission will be available in February
- Contact Dr. Debora Goetz Goldberg with questions.