COVID-19 Financial Impacts Update
March 23, 2020
Emergency Intermittent Telework Expenses
Every employee is responsible for reviewing and understanding the telework expense policies.
- Allowable Expenses – please review the policy carefully as some expenses may not be allowable.
- All orders should post against 121201 for easier tracking.
- Office supplies (in addition to Supply Room) can also now be purchased through Amazon (without a waiver), with a PCard and an Amazon Business Account.
- Can ship to an alternate address with Supervisor approval.
- More information on link https://fiscal.gmu.edu/emergency-intermittent-telework-expenses/.
- Lisa Joyner or Christine Kania must approve all purchases.
Guidance on Tracking COVID-19 Financial Impact
George Mason University will be tracking the financial impact of the COVID-19 preparation and response for reporting to university leadership as well as to the Commonwealth of Virginia and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) in the event that funding is available to compensate for the impact of the pandemic. Full policy can be found here.
Please review the following information which includes:
Use Banner code “CORONA” to track direct expenses related to COVID-19 that would not have been ordinarily incurred including expenses related to:
- Non-reimbursable travel costs (Note: Before requesting reimbursement from Mason, travelers are encouraged to request direct refunds or travel vouchers from airline or booking agencies)
- Canceled events
- Increased costs associated with the acquisition of routine goods