College of Health and Human Services
Thursday, January, 2022, 4:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m; 6:00 p.m.– 8:00 p.m.with departments
Virtual - Zoom
4:30 p.m. – Welcome to the College! - Dr. Germaine Louis, Dean of the College of Health and Human Services
4:35 p.m. – Event Overview
4:50 p.m. – Breakout Sessions - Resources Across Campus
- Tips for Success - Dr. Kimberly Holmes, Associate Dean for Student Affairs
- Blackboard/IT - Terri Ann Guingab, Instructional Designer
- Library Services - Kathy Butler, Health Sciences Librarian
- Graduate Student Life - Julie Choe Kim, Director of Graduate Student Life
5:50 p.m. – Greetings from OSA! - Dr. Kimberly Holmes, Associate Dean for Student Affairs
6:00 p.m. – Transition to Departmental Orientation Program:
Please note that all department orientations will start at 6:00pm. Please be sure to join us in the main room at 4:30pm. The link to join the main room can be found in your email.
- Global and Community Health
- For all other programs, please contact your advisor for program-related questions.
As this event is virtual, students are encouraged to check these websites prior to the start of August classes in order to obtain their photo ID, their parking permit, and books. This is a great opportunity to meet faculty, fellow students, and other members of the Mason community while learning about university resources and your graduate program. Please note login information will be made available closer to the event and will be sent out to all those that have registered.
For our newly admitted students, we have provided the following resources and PowerPoint presentations:
- Graduate Orientation "Virtual Resource Book"
- Tips for Success presented by Dr. Kimberly Holmes, Associate Dean of Student Affairs. In it you will find many important links to college and university resources.
- Library Orientation presented by Kathleen Butler, Mason Library Liaison.
- Technology at Mason presented by Terri Ann Guingab, CHHS Instructional Designer.
- CHHS Online Learning Success
- Graduate Student Life at Mason presented by Dr. Julie Choe Kim, Director of Graduate Student Life