Graduate Student Orientation
College of Health and Human Services
Thursday, August 13, 2020, 4:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Virtual - WebEx
4:30 p.m. – Student Login and Event Overview
4:45 p.m. – Welcome to the College!
5:00 p.m. – Breakout Sessions - Resources Across Campus
6:05 p.m. – Welcome from Dr. Kimberly Holmes
6:15 p.m. – Departmental Orientation Program:
- Health Administration and Policy
- Nutrition and Food Studies
- School of Nursing
- Global and Community Health
- Social Work
As this event is virtual, students are encouraged to check these websites prior to the start of August classes in order to obtain their photo ID, their parking permit, and books. This is a great opportunity to meet faculty, fellow students, and other members of the Mason community while learning about university resources and your graduate program. Please note login information will be made available closer to the event and will be sent out to all those that have registered.
For students unable to attend the orientation, we have provided the following PowerPoint presentations:
- Tips for Success presented by Dr. Kimberly Holmes, Associate Dean of Student Affairs. In it you will find many important links to college and university resources.
- Library Orientation presented by Kathleen Butler, Mason Library Liaison.
- Technology at Mason presented by Terri Ann Guingab, CHHS Instructional Designer.