CHHS Research News
- July 19, 2021
- June 21, 2021
- October 19, 2020
- Faculty Receive CHHS Office of Research Grants for Proposals: Beyond the COVID-19 Pandemic to a Healthy Path ForwardApril 7, 2021
- February 4, 2021
As a Carnegie R1 Institution, George Mason University is part of an elite group of doctoral universities in the country that are research intensive. The College of Health and Human Services (CHHS) is dedicated to supporting this research mission and advancing the field of health.
In the college, our research and practice in the community goes hand-in-hand with our teaching. Our research and practice inform our teaching, and our teaching, in turn, informs our research and practice. Our faculty work collaboratively to answer pressing health questions from a multidisciplinary perspective.
Our students have early opportunities to participate in research and community practice so that they are able to explore their interests and become leaders in the health field. Through participation in CHHS faculty-led research and university-wide research initiatives such as OSCAR Summer Team Projects and the Undergraduate Research Scholars Program (URSP), our faculty mentor students in research to help them develop critical analytical and research skills.
A Growing Research Portfolio to Improve Public Health Across the Lifespan
- More than $7 million in research expenditures (FY20)
- 63 funded sponsored projects
- 21 full-time research faculty
With Funding From
- National Science Foundation
- National Institute for Justice
- National Institutes of Health
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
- Health Resources and Services Administration