- May 12, 2022What We Do (And Don’t) Know About The Spread Of COVID-19 In The Region Right Now.
- May 12, 2022George Mason University is pleased to announce the appointment of Melissa J. Perry, Sc.D., MHS as the next Dean of the College of Health and Human Services. Dean-designate Perry will join the Mason community on August 1, 2022.
- May 11, 2022Master of Public Health Student Colin Tran discovered coding and his love of helping people through data after taking the required Biostatistics course
- May 10, 2022As Dean Germaine Louis retires at the end of the 2021-22 school year, we reshare this story where she reflects on the similarities in the beginning and end of her career.
- May 9, 2022Congratulations to Master of Social Work student Francesca Keesee for receiving the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) Scholarship for the Department of Social Work. The merit scholarship recognizes Mason students who have shown significant academic achievement and community involvement while completing their program.
- May 8, 2022Which came first, the carbs and sugar or the migraine?
- May 7, 2022Paid leave policies do not always include job protection: US President's 2022 Economic Report
- May 6, 2022Paid leave mandates reduce likelihood of decreasing paid work hours after a spouse’s health shock, study shows.
- May 6, 2022The “2022 Economic Report of the President” featured Associate Professor of Health Administration and Policy Priyanka Anand’s research on the impact of paid family leave mandates on labor supply and caregiving decisions following a spousal disability.
- Lorton (VA) Patch: Dr. Constance Gewa discusses the need to better support mothers and children suffering from food insecurityMay 4, 2022George Mason University: Mason Professor Wants More Support For Mothers And Children Suffering From Food Insecurity.
- May 4, 2022Though things have changed since Mason’s Department of Social Work began 50 years ago, one constant is its focus on the many aspects that impact health and well-being: housing, work, physical health, mental health, finances, and social support.
- May 3, 2022The College of Health and Human Services congratulates Jenna Krall and Michael von Fricken on receiving the Teacher of Distinction Award from the Stearns Center for Teaching and Learning.
CHHS in the Media
- June 22, 2022
- Medical News Today: Dr. Lawrence J. Cheskin comments in an exercise-induced molecule that allegedly suppresses hungerJune 21, 2022
- June 10, 2022
- June 9, 2022
- Townhall: Dr. Amira Roess comments on how the baby formula shortage affects Black and low-income babiesJune 8, 2022
CHHS In the George
- April 21, 2022
- April 19, 2022
- March 30, 2022
- March 7, 2022
- February 4, 2022